Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Walking With my Dyslexia

  What is dyslexia? What does it mean? Am I ever going to be able to write read or do spelling? These or the questions I had two years ago when I was diagnosed with dyslexia. When I moved to North Carolina I was not really doing well in school.

  My family are book lovers and when we went to the library each one of us would a least get 20 books which out of the 20 book I  got I would only read five. When I  was eleven I was supposed to be able to read at sixth grade level but I really only read a third grade level.

 After a while my mom stared to see that I was not progressing like I should have been. She stared to look at different learning defenses that I could have. After a while she stumbled across the dyslexia and started to look in to it. After a few weeks it was evident that I had dyslexia but she wanted to know for shore.

 She went to this web site were you can hire some one to test you for dyslexia. She found a lady name Mrs. Maning which she hired to test me for dyslexia.

 For a while mom had been slowly telling me about my dyslexia and that she was going to have me tested. Two weeks after Karen mom dad and I went to her house. In my mind I was think a test nooooooooooo!! When we actually started testing it was not that bad. Four hours later we came out of the house and it was conformed that I had dyslexia.

  For two years I have been doing Barton spelling. I can read at a 8th grade level and I'm really good at listening to audio books. In these two years I have learned that it's alright that I will probably never be able so read or spell as well as every one I know. I don't even know if I will ever go to college.

  Before we new I had dyslexia I had never read my bible but now I can listen ESV version of the bible which I think that is the best part of all!

   I think every one on earth gets handed a bag that makes the yuneek for an example my sister Emily has a coliboma which effects her seeing. My bag is dyslexia. We all have something and its ok. I might have dyslexia but I know that no matter how hard it gets God will be with me.

                     Abby

4 comments:

  1. Very inspiring. I'm so glad you have embraced your dyslexia and are proactive about overcoming your difficulties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this. Its beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing, Abby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this. Its beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing, Abby. :)

    ReplyDelete