Thursday, August 6, 2015

Hello!

Guess what?  I have a blog!  To start out, I would like to explain why I named my blog The Phoenix and the Carpet.

The Phoenix and the Carpet is a fantasy novel written by Edith Nesbit and was published in 1904.  The story is about a mother that buys her five children, Cyril, Anthea, Robert, Jane and the Lamb, a new carpet to replace the old one from the nursery that they destroyed in an accidental fire.  The children find an egg in the carpet, which hatches into a talking Phoenix.  The Phoenix tells the children that the carpet is magical and will grant them three wishes a day.

I want this blog to be like the Phoenix.  For those who come across it, I hope that it brings joy to them.  I can hardly wait to get started!

-Abigail

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you started a blog, Abby! Welcome to the wonderful world of Blogger! :D

    ReplyDelete